U.S. Foreign Policy on Israel - How Best to Support Israel
I was at the gym this morning and the TV was on the 700 club. Pat Robertson was talking about how more Hispanics are becoming evangelicals and we need to teach them how important Israel is. They need to understand that the Bible says we need to support Israel.
The next story that came up was about how Ron Paul is the number one "new front runner" in the Iowa polls. The anchorwoman defined Ron Paul's campaign by saying that he wants to cut foreign aid, including to Israel. She reported that Ron Paul may have support in Iowa, but he doesn't in the rest of the country. The rest of the country "only" showed 45 percent of the people seeing Ron Paul as a positive candidate (not bad for someone who's been laughed at and ignored by the media for years). She continued to explain that odds were slim he'd win the rest of the country, but he could deny Gingrich and Romney an influential win in Iowa.
In essence, this flow of logic says, "The Bible says we need to support Israel. Ron Paul wants to stop sending aid to Israel, so a good Bible believing evangelical shouldn't vote for Ron Paul. Besides, he isn't going to win anyway. Perhaps, we should be annoyed with him, even, because he's going to deny more suitable candidates an influential Iowa win."
So the real question comes down to the definition of "support." What does it mean for the government to support someone or something?" In our current socialist society, support generally means to throw money at it. But Ron Paul doesn't define support the same way.
Let's say the government comes to me as a business person and says, "We want to support you. How can we help?" You know what my answer would be? "Just stay out of my way and let me keep what I earn. Let me make my own decisions about my business and run my affairs as I see fit."
That is what Ron Paul is saying with his foreign affairs policy. He isn't saying that Israel isn't our friend or we don't care about them. He isn't saying that you can't personally donate to causes that support Israel. He's saying that the Constitution doesn't support meddling in other nations' affairs, yet that's exactly what our government has been doing. The UN and US are constantly getting in Israel's way and crippling their efforts to protect their country.
The best support you can give a person, a business, or a nation is to get out of their way and let them be sovereign and free to make their own choices.
You hear people talk about "helicopter parents" -- mothers and fathers who enable their children by constantly making decisions for them and meddling in their lives. The U.S. has become a helicopter parent for the globe. It's not healthy for other nations and it's not healthy for us.
If you want to hear what Ron Paul really believes about Israel, listen to him explain it for himself and you decide.
br> Marnie's philosophy is that positive messages can change the world and through collaboration we can magnify our impact exponentially. Pick up a copy of her latest book, Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet.
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorMarnie Pehrson
Creating a Platform for Your Expertise
Marnie Pehrson's web site
- Stand By Your Brand
- Can You Overcome Alcoholism Permanently?
- In Love Again?
- Results! 7 Reasons Why You Absolutely Must Get Creative With Your Marketing RIGHT NOW
- Boost Your Online Business While Generating Revenues
- Legal Psychiatric Abuse - 5 Keys to Prevent Mental, Psychological Rape of Battered Women
- Abuse Dynamics After the Abusive Relationship - In You and Outside of You at the Same Time
- Domestic Abuse Counseling - Why Therapy by Phone Helps Couples in Abusive Relationships
- Fighting in Abusive Relationships - Lies That Turn Into Verbal Attacks and Emotional Abuse
- Domestic Violence Awareness - How to Identify Domestic Abuse Before It Spirals Out of Control
- Warning Signs of Domestic Abuse - Communication, Conflict and Timing
- Domestic Violence Treatment - The Practice Genshai and Domestic Abuse Counseling
- Relationship Conflict - Co-Dependency in Abusive Relationships
- Verbal Emotional Abuse - Are You Hit Out of the Blue?
- Domestic Violence Treatment - The Practice Genshai and Domestic Abuse Counseling
- Recognizing Emotional Abuse Signs - How to Distinguish Emotional Invasion from Romantic Dance?
- Abusive Relationship Signs and Help - The Truth About the Blame Game
- Verbally Abusive Relationship - Does Your Verbally Abusive Partner Hate You?
- Emotional Child Abuse - Why Does He Pick on Our Little Boy?
- Domestic Violence by Proxy - Parent-Child Relationship Death by Hearsay
- End Domestic Abuse - How to Change Emotional Verbal Abuse Dynamics
- Healing from Emotional Abuse - You Are Not His Thoughts About You
- Domestic Abuse and Divorce - Do You Have Access to Your Part of the Family Money?
- Inner Healing - How to Heal Domestic Abuse from Within
- Verbal Emotional Abuse in Marriage - Will My Husband Change in Domestic Abuse Counseling?
- Domestic Abuse - Why Does She Stay in an Abusive Relationship?
- The Psychology of Domestic Violence - When Domestic Abuse and Psychopathology Are One
- How to Heal Domestic Violence by Proxy - Be the Conflict or Be the Love
- Abusive Relationship Signs - Who's Will Shall You Honor and What Are You Fighting About, Anyway?
- Domestic Violence by Proxy - Adult Children Casualties of Divorce
- Domestic Abuse Counseling - Why Do Couples in Abusive Relationships Waste Hope in the Wrong Therapy?
- Domestic Abuse Counseling - Can Domestic Abusers Change?
- Battered Women - The Dilemma of Being Guilty Until Proven Innocent
- Does Mandated Domestic Violence Police Arrest Help or Hurt Domestic Abuse Families?
- Verbally Abusive - What Is the Difference Between Verbal Abuse and Poor Conflict Resolution Skills?
- Relationship Trust - How Do You Regain Trust in the Context of an Abusive Relationship?
- Why Do Domestic Abuse Survivors Believe the Verbal Emotional Abuse Showered Upon Them?
- Borderlines and Emotional Abusers - When Borderlines Are Abusive in Their Intimate Relationships
- Abuse and Control - 3 Keys to Deal with an Abuser Using the System as a Sword to Abuse You
- Verbal Abuse Signs - Is Name-Calling Verbal Abuse or Descriptive Feedback?
This article has been viewed 8328 time(s).
Upcoming IgnitePoint EventsIgnite your light, life and faith at an upcoming live IgnitePoint city event. Also find out how you can become a speaker at one of these events!
IgnitePoint - Atlanta
IgnitePoint - Salt Lake City
Imagine a TEDxR-style event where you can mention God, Jesus Christ and tell your faith-promoting stories! Learn more here.
Nancy Marmolejo teaches coaches and consultants how to get more clients. In fact, she shows you how to turn those clients into more money ... and ultimately how to live the lifestyle you’ve always desired. But here’s an unfortunate truth: most coaches and consultants are frustrated because they aren’t making the impact on the world they want to make. They see other people ... less qualified and less skilled ... walking off with their ideal clients. And they’re tired of pressing their noses to the glass watching everyone else succeed. What gets Nancy excited is showing people how simple the solution is. Meet Nancy...
You can be featured on our site! Ask How!
Books by this Author
An Uncertain Justice
This riveting true story about the last legal hanging in Georgia captured the attention of a nation, but more importantly, it racked the soul of a boy who dearly loved his grandfather. How does one deal with the long-lasting effects of murder? Does a punishment ever fit the crime? Is it possible, or even necessary to forgive a murderer? Find out within the pages of An Uncertain Justice, a look into the scope of justice and mercy that will make you question what you believe.
Angel and the Enemy
The War between the States is raging and Angelina Stone's world is falling apart. Her beloved father lies rotting in a Union prison and when her Georgia home is invaded by Yankee officers, Angelina knows she will never be the same again. One night will change her life forever...
How to Get More Done in a Day than Most Accomplish in a Week
Get more done in a day than most people accomplish in a week! IdeaMarketers creator, Marnie Pehrson, shares her unique, relaxed method for joyful productivity.
How to Run a Successful Computer Training Business
This is an ecourse which includes a 50-page Adobe Acrobat file plus a zipped file which includes flyers, sales letters, course outlines, brochure, contract, etc to use in your computer training business.
In Love We Trust & Second Sight
Two romantic mysteries in one - In Love We Trust and its sequel Second Sight are two Southern charmers guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Lord, Are You Sure?
God works in definite patterns in the lives of His children. Understand God's methods and how He navigates, and you begin to see what He is trying to teach you.
Entertainment that won't offend your moral sensitivities - a perfect blend of history, romance, mystery and principles woven together in an engaging tale that will keep you turning pages wanting more.
You Can't Fly If You're Still Clutching the Dirt
How to Stop Worrying and Achieve Your God-Given Potential. Deep down, you know God created you for a reason. He’s told you that you’re a child of God. You’re made in His image, and He has a plan for you. You sense in your heart of hearts that you have wings to fly, but worries, fears, and insecurities drag you down to earth, preventing you from spreading your wings and taking flight.