You just put the finishing touches on your kick-butt marketing plan that's going to skyrocket your business. Hooray!
Only problem is that kick-butt marketing plan isn't going to do a thing for your business unless you actually put it into action. And that, alas, is where most marketing plans end up -- a really good idea that never got implemented.
So, how do you stop that from happening? Here are 3 steps to help you move from thinking to doing.
1. Figure out what you need to be doing versus what you can get someone else to do. Look, there's no reason why YOU have to do all the implementation. Get some help!
If you already have a team, fantastic! Now you just have to start delegating. If you don't have a team or you don't have the right person on your team to do a specific job (for instance, a technical person to fix your shopping cart), then you need to put finding that person to your to-do list. In the short term, yes, it does add to your workload, but in the long term it will save you a lot of time.
2. Block off time in your calendar to work on your plan. The only way these things are going to get done is if you actually take the time to work on them. So start by actually setting aside the time.
You may be someone who works better in shorter, more frequent bursts of time (15 or 20 minutes every day) versus a longer time less frequently (2 hours or half a day once a week). Only you know what appeals to yourself more, and I would suggest scheduling your time accordingly. (Look, it's tough enough to get things done; you might as well make it easier for yourself by working with your natural tendencies than against them.)
3. Set yourself up for success. Just because you set the time aside doesn't mean you'll actually get anything done on your plan during that time. So you need to keep yourself focused and motivated and don't allow yourself to get sidetracked.
Now there's no question that's much easier said than done. So how do you do that? Here are a few tips to try:
* Remind yourself WHY you're doing this. Is it so you'll be able to take care of your family better? Is it because you want to sell a million copies of your book? Is it because you're so tired of the way things are you're ready for a change? Whatever it is, remind yourself of the bigger WHY before you sit down to work. That will keep your motivation up.
* Make it a special time just for you. Maybe light a candle, put on some favorite music or pour yourself a fave cup of tea. Or maybe you head out to a local Starbucks to hang out. Whatever it is, make it special -- something you look forward to.
* Create a "squirrel" file. If you ever watched the movie "Up" there's a talking dog in it that keeps getting distracted by squirrels. So he'll be talking and in the middle he'll shout "squirrel" and completely lose his train of thought. As entrepreneurs, we are surrounded by squirrels. And there's no better time for the squirrels to come and play than during this time we've set aside to implement our marketing plan. "Oh, I'll get to my plan as soon as I get this email out...as soon as I return this phone call...as soon as I clean up my desk."
You get the idea.
So the way to keep the squirrels away is to create a "squirrel" file (or call it something fun like squirrel nest). Any of those squirrels come running out, capture it and stick it in the file to work on "later." If you want, you can even designate a time to work on all those squirrels.
But the most important thing to do is DECIDE you really ARE going to implement your plan. Once you do that, the rest will fall into place.
Michele PW (Michele Pariza Wacek) is your Ka-Ching! Marketing strategist and owns Creative Concepts and Copywriting LLC, a premiere direct response copywriting and marketing company that helps entrepreneurs attract more clients, sell more products and services and boost their business. To grab your FREE "Ka-Ching! Business Kit" with a FREE CD visit http://www.MichelePW.com/freecd
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorMichele PW
Michele PW's web site
Audios & Videos You Might Enjoy on This Subject
Power Profits 101
3 Must-Dos in Marketing to Make More Money This Month Than Your Entire Last Year! ...
- 11 Free & Low Cost Marketing Strategies to Turn Around a Cash-Strapped Business
- Keeping Your Marketing Current Can Double Your Clients
- Are you hiding behind your computer? Three Offline Marketing Strategies that Work
- Pay Attention: Amazing Marketing Lessons are All Around You
- 8 Steps to Create and Market an Information Product in One Week
- How to Create and Market a Home Study or Membership Program—Teleclass
- 7 Powerful Free Business Marketing Ideas
- 7 Small Business Internet Marketing Success Tips
- Marketing Your Business: What Works Now
- Transform Your Small Business Marketing
- Online Video and Marketing Experts Offer Tele-Seminar on Creating Website Videos
- Target Marketing Lesson from My Teenage Daughter
- Janis Pettit Interviews Robert Phillips--Attract Clients with your Marketing Message
- Marketing on a Shoestring: The Art of Bootstrapping
- Small Business Start-Up Advice - Why Picking the Right Market Niche is So Important
- Use Social Network Marketing to Increase Traffic to Your Small Business Website
- Marketing on a Shoestring-How Learning to Bootstrap Can Save You a Bundle
- Small business start up advice –Why picking the right market niche is so import
- What You Need to Do Before Spending a Penny on Marketing
- Marketing Mythology: Putting Lipstick on a Pig
- International Protocol: International Greetings
- Is Your Content Marketable?
- How to Meet 300 People in 30 Seconds
- Email Marketing: Oh No! Are They Ignoring Your Emails?
- Are You Unconsciously Giving Your Marketing ‘Bad Vibes'?
- Money and Marketing: How To Get Your Next 3 Clients
- Money and Marketing: 5 Ways Being In a Master Mind Can Pay Off
- Thrive In This Economy: Smart Money and Marketing Changes To Make Now
- Smarter Business Marketing: Turn One Idea Into Multiple Streams Of Income
- Smarter Business Marketing: Stop Falling Into the Marketing 'Do Over' Trap
- Money and Marketing: 4 Business Model Blunders to Avoid
- Quick Marketing Tips to Leap From 5 Figures to 6 and 7 Figures
- Business and Marketing: Breakthroughs for Writer's Block
- Business Marketing: Three Simple Steps to Wean Off One-On-One Clients and Create Leveraged Income
- 5 Marketing Strategies On Using Information Products to Make More Money
- Marketing Strategies - What exactly is YOUR Vision?
- Money and Marketing: 5 Simple Ways to Increase Your Cash Flow Right Now
- 4 Marketing Basics Will Get You to 6-Figures and Beyond
- Successful Business Marketing: What Does Your Marketing Archetype Say About You?
- Proven Marketing Strategies for 6-Figure Business Success: Designing Creative Payment Plan Options
This article has been viewed 2961 time(s).
Luanna Rodham is a Virtual Marketing Manager. She helps small business owners save their precious time by taking care of the basic needs they have to keep their businesses marketed consistently and effectively. Meet Luanna...
You can be featured on our site! Ask How!
Books by this Author
$Ka-Ching!$ Product Launch
Revealed: An Easy Plug-and-Play System to Help You Successfully Launch Your Product or Program in a Heart-Centered Way Imagine: You CAN make a profit without feeing sales-y or slime-y doing it. I'll teach you my secrets on how to do exactly that.
5 Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make When They Hire a Copywriter
How do you know if the copywriter you're hiring is the right one for you? To help you make the very best decision, I've put together this complementary special report.
Juicy Online Marketing Essentials Bootcamp
Revealed! An easy plug-and-play system to reveal the "Juicy" YOU and transform your online business so it sounds like YOU! (authentic and NO hype!) Yes you CAN build a 6- or 7-figure business around your brilliance. We'll show you how (and how those other 7-figure ultra-entrepreneurs are doing it).
The Complete Online/Offline Marketing System
Finally – A Step-by-Step, Proven Marketing System You Can Easily Plug and Play into Your Business to Boost Your Credibility, Visibility, Website Traffic AND Sales!
Why Isn't My Web Site Making Me Any Money? 10 Easy Steps To Make Your Web Site G
Got a Web site and no sales? In 30 minutes or less you can quickly and easily pinpoint EXACTLY what's wrong with your site and what you need to do to transform it into a money-making machine!
Your Internet Success Story: How to get the Internet to work for YOU
It Doesn't Have to Be Like This! Ditch the Negativity, Beating Yourself Up, Frustration, Anxiety, Analysis/Paralysis and Anything Else That's Holding You Back From Becoming the Success You Know Can Be Yours! You're going to walk away with your very own INDIVIDUALIZED Internet Marketing Success Plan PLUS be ready to take ACTION and launch that plan IMMEDIATELY.