Over the years while driving I've been surprised many times when I found someone hidden in my blind spot. Of course I've made it a habit to check my blind spot before making a move, and it's certainly avoided many potential collisions. I'm sure you do the same.
However, are you taking a similar approach to other life and business situations? All of us have blind spots. Maybe it's in a relationship that's having problems, maybe it's around keeping in shape and healthy. But without a doubt most of us have blind spots in our businesses.
These blind spots can cause you to keep doing things even though they aren't working. Are you working hard and not getting the results you want? Chances are you've got a blind spot. Most often, I see people trying to market their business in a way that just doesn't work simply because they don't know what they don't know. You may be trying certain marketing activities and assuming they will bring in new subscribers and clients, only to be disappointed. I call this your Marketing Blind Spot. Very simply, you need to pay attention to your blind spot and eliminate it so you can move forward.
What you don't know can keep you stuck and frustrated. There are many areas in your business where you can unconsciously overlook a blind spot. This is often caused simply by a lack of knowledge or skills. I see people overspending on poor web design, or spending huge amounts of time doing things manually that could be automated, or chasing after every idea that comes along. I see people struggling year after year with ineffective marketing because they don't know enough about how to best promote their products and services. But if you don't know the elements of an effective website, or what it should cost, or if you don't know what tools to use to automate, or that they even exist, or you really don't have a proven marketing system, then those blind spots will cost you lost time and money.
Your blind spot could also fall in the area of what I call the "entrepreneurial mindset". You could be blind to the true value of your services and what you really could be charging. Or you could be blind to an ingrained belief or habit that's sabotaging your best efforts. That's why it's so important to get feedback from people who you trust and who will be very honest with you and hold you accountable. It doesn't matter how successful you are, we all have our blind spots.
Here are a few steps you can take to identify and begin to eliminate your blind spots:
1. For one week make a list of situations in your business that make you feel stuck, overwhelmed, frustrated or confused.
2. Hold a magnifying glass up to each one and ask yourself--"Is there something I'm not seeing here that is causing this problem and that I need to change?"
3. Then ask yourself where you can go to brainstorm the problem and get a new, fresh perspective. Make sure you go to someone who doesn't have the same problem. So for example, if I had a rough time being organized in my business, I'd seek feedback from someone I trust who is very organized.
Sometimes you will not be able to see your blind spot, so you'll need to work with a coach, mastermind group, or trusted colleague who will delve deeper to identify where you are overlooking something important or where you need to learn a new habit, change a belief, learn a new system, gain a new skill or master new knowledge.
Make it a habit to check for blind spots every time you feel stuck or you're not happy with the results you're getting. Maybe you had a product launch that didn't work (we've all been there). Maybe you're trying your hand at article marketing and you don't see any results. Maybe you're having trouble closing sales with people that you know need your help. You can be sure there's something you're not aware of, something you're not seeing, or something you need to learn to turn it around.
If you keep asking yourself and those you trust, "where is my blind spot in this situation", rather than just feeling disappointed and discouraged, you'll be able to not only avoid potential "collisions", but you'll gain the sight you need to really soar.
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorJanis Pettit
Small business help, small business marketing, home based business, entrepreneur
Janis Pettit's web site
Audios & Videos You Might Enjoy on This Subject
Get BIG Results from Your Small Business
Tip: When you are you looking at your business, are you going wide or are you finding something that fills a pressing need and going deep with it? Janis Pettit will show you how to create a busines ...
Building a Business While Living Your Life
Here's how you can build an online business WHILE living your daily life. It takes just minutes per day. ...
- 5 Secrets to Getting and Keeping All the Clients You Need
- Are You Selling Yourself Short by Hiding in the Background?
- A Moving Story - What is Holding You Back From Potential Success?
- How to Use Speaking to Get New Clients Fast
- Are You Missing Your Blind Spot?
- Are You Revealing Your Star Quality to Build Your Business?
- Your Small Business Plan: 5 Steps to Making Next Year Your Best Year Yet
- 6 Crucial Steps You Must Take to Make Your Business Soar
- 5 Ways That Adding Information Products Can Transform Your Business and Life
- Turn One Idea into a Tsunami of Profitable Products
- Is Dreaming Big Hurting Your Business?
- Building Influence Means Building Sales
- My Aha Breakthrough about Limiting Beliefs
- How to Price Your Products and Programs to Increase Your Income
- Website Mistakes That Could Be Hurting Your Business and What to Do About Them
- 4 Ways to Get Known Fast
- How to Turn 1 Article into an Avalanche of New Traffic, Subscribers and Leads
- Why You May Be Struggling to Get More Clients and What to Do About It
- How to Create a Client Windfall with Lightening Speed
- Create Your Personal Profit Process and Turn Your Ideas to Income
- Has Thinking Small Got You Stalled?
- Is Delayed Decision Making Keeping You Stuck?
- Are You Undervaluing the True Worth of Your Talent and Knowledge?
- Is Technology Helping You or Keeping You From Taking Action?
- Remove Your Income Roadblocks
- How to Create Website Headlines and Content that Get Visitors to Take Action
- What to Change Now to Explode Your Profits in the Next 12 Months
- Simple Systems That Can Set You Free
- How to Merge Your Values with Your Business
- Live Success Breakthrough Intensive for Entrepreneurs
- The 5M Success Strategy Coaching Videos
- Money Saving Tips for Small Business Owners: Should You Be a Cheapskate?
- How You Deal with Problems Can Impact Your Success
- Get Outside Your Comfort Zone and Take Risks: It's the Only Way to Grow
- Why You're Struggling to Get Clients and How to Change It
- Free Tele-Class for Small Business Owners: Turn Your Ideas into a Booming Biz
- How Does Being Successful Impact Your Quality of Life?
- Are You Getting the Right Help You Need to Succeed?
- How to Move Your Small Business from Stuck to Soaring
- Product Creation: Avoid These 5 Mistakes to Increase Information Product Sales
This article has been viewed 3757 time(s).
Upcoming IgnitePoint EventsIgnite your light, life and faith at an upcoming live IgnitePoint city event. Also find out how you can become a speaker at one of these events!
IgnitePoint - Atlanta
IgnitePoint - Salt Lake City
Imagine a TEDxR-style event where you can mention God, Jesus Christ and tell your faith-promoting stories! Learn more here.
As president of Tungsten Branding, Phillip Davis heads a team of company branding consultants, specializing in company name development and strategic branding. Meet Phillip...
You can be featured on our site! Ask How!
Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet
As a planet, we stand at a crossroads. One path leads to darker days. The other leads to freedom and light. ''Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet'' details how you can leverage your life experiences and insight to take your place as a Light Bearer in this new age.
Trust Your Heart: Building Relationships That Build Your Business
25 entrepreneurs share their most powerful relationship marketing lessons used to massively explode their businesses! Filled with valuable relationship-building tips for the newbie and seasoned entrepreneur alike, Trust Your Heart: Building Relationships that Build Your Business will inspire you to tap into the synergistic power of relationships to catapult your business to the next level.
Trust Your Heart: Transform Your Ideas to Income
True accounts of 19 entrepreneurs who overcame the odds and created their own profitable businesses from scratch! Filled with valuable success tips for the newbie and seasoned entrepreneur alike, Trust Your Heart: Transform Your Ideas Into Income will inspire you to take the leap of faith and pursue sculpting the business of your dreams.