It sounds too simple to be true, but it really is... A well-targeted and timely PRESS RELEASE to the media is the most powerful form of marketing and advertising on the planet! A high quality press release, with the proper targeting and distribution to reach the correct media members, could have many businesses sailing on a sea of new sales and profits. Just one feature or a mention in a popular or targeted business publication has the potential to cause some business's phones to literally be ringing off the hook!
The next big question that arises, "How do you go about writing a quality press release that will grab the attention of the media and your particular audience?" Here are some tips to help you succeed:
- Pick a "Newsworthy" Angle. Press releases are not an advertisement. Do not try to sell your product or service. Do not use "hype" in press releases. Instead give the media what they want and they will give you what you want. Now, what the press and media really want is a story! Just provide the Who, What, When, Where and How with regards to the uses of your products and/or services in a story format. Show examples of ways that people have used your products and services to their benefit. If you can include some emotions in your story all the better. Ask yourself: "Would this be something that I might read in a newspaper?"
- Get a Good Start. The headline and the first few sentences of the first paragraph are the absolutely most important part of the press release. If you don't catch the reader's interest here you will lose your audience. The best way to do this is to use your most hard-hitting information FIRST rather than build to a climax. This may be opposite to what you would normally do when writing other material - but it does work! What follows in your press release are the details that SUPPORT your story or theme.
- Write to the Media. Remember, a journalist, editor or reporter, not necessarily a client, is reading your press release. It's not your job to sell them your product or service. It IS your job to give them an interesting story or piece of news that they will be happy to share and announce to their audience.
- Keep your release short and to the point. It should contain no more than about 500 words and no more than two pages.
Targeted press releases to the media have helped thousands of companies succeed. They are the most powerful form of marketing and advertising on the planet! Remember: One article is all it takes!
For more information on how you can get a quality targeted press release written or have your press release distributed to the targeted media contacts in our 600,0000 press and media contact database, please visit our Advanced PR department at Majon International.
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorMatthew Hesser
Marketing & Advertising
Matthew Hesser's web site
- Advertising Your Home Business On A Budget
- Understanding The Difference Between Network Marketing and Pyramid Schemes
- Are You Ready for a Brand Name Blowout?
- What Does Gratitude Have to Do With Career Change?
- How Do You Become The Divine Feminine Leader Of Your Business?
- Business Etiquette: Claiming You Are the Best
- Etiquette for International Business Success
- International Protocol: Cultural Differences in Business
- Is Your Niche Hot...Or Not?
- The Magic of Niche: It's Not What You May Think
- Do You Have The 'Emotional Mindset' To Sell Big Ticket Programs?
- What's in a Brand? Only Your Small Business Success!
- How Good Is Your Small Business Brand?
- Branding Strategy - Live Your Brand
- Any woman small business owner can create celebrity status in her industry
- Niche Marketing: Are You Specialized Enough?
- Business Coach’s Tips on How to Handle Sticky Money Situations in Business
- Finding Your Brand – Three Key Brand Marketing Strategies
- Branding Strategy: Creating a Powerful Brand Using Archetypes
- How Much Do You Need to Know Before You're an Expert? Part 1 in a 2 Part Series
- How Much Do You Need to Know Before You're an Expert? Part 2 in a 2 Part Series
- Line Up Your Services For Branding Power
- What Ducks Can Teach You About Branding and Business Success
- 3 Reasons Why You Better Know Your Customers...or Else
- How Branding Can Lead to a Business's Success...or Failure
- The Secret Behind Successful Branding (and No, It's Not About a Logo)
- How Your Personality Can Grow Your Business
- Why are you in the business you are in?
- It's Not Business, It's Personal
- People Collector
- Are You Aching to Claim Your Business Goddess Bigger Game?
- 5 Essentials You Need to Know to be a Go-To-Goddess
- Does Your Brand Have a Voice in Social Media? 5 Ways to Online Success
- Company Naming vs. Company Branding
- Naming Strategies for Consulting Companies
- The Three Keys to a Successful Brand Strategy
- Does Your Brand Have a Voice? With the Advent of Social Media Now is the Time to Speak Up!
- Branding and the Coming Mobile Market Revolution
- How Much Does It Cost to Name a Company?
- Seven Signs It's Time to Rebrand Your Company
This article has been viewed 72528 time(s).
Upcoming IgnitePoint EventsIgnite your light, life and faith at an upcoming live IgnitePoint city event. Also find out how you can become a speaker at one of these events!
IgnitePoint - Atlanta
IgnitePoint - Salt Lake City
Imagine a TEDxR-style event where you can mention God, Jesus Christ and tell your faith-promoting stories! Learn more here.
Michele PW (Michele Pariza Wacek) is your Ka-Ching! Marketing strategist and owns Creative Concepts and Copywriting LLC, a premiere direct response copywriting and marketing company that helps entrepreneurs attract more clients, sell more products and services and boost their business. Meet Michele...
You can be featured on our site! Ask How!
Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet
As a planet, we stand at a crossroads. One path leads to darker days. The other leads to freedom and light. ''Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet'' details how you can leverage your life experiences and insight to take your place as a Light Bearer in this new age.
Trust Your Heart: Building Relationships That Build Your Business
25 entrepreneurs share their most powerful relationship marketing lessons used to massively explode their businesses! Filled with valuable relationship-building tips for the newbie and seasoned entrepreneur alike, Trust Your Heart: Building Relationships that Build Your Business will inspire you to tap into the synergistic power of relationships to catapult your business to the next level.
Trust Your Heart: Transform Your Ideas to Income
True accounts of 19 entrepreneurs who overcame the odds and created their own profitable businesses from scratch! Filled with valuable success tips for the newbie and seasoned entrepreneur alike, Trust Your Heart: Transform Your Ideas Into Income will inspire you to take the leap of faith and pursue sculpting the business of your dreams.