Internet or email fax services are becoming very popular with the computer savvy public. The ability to receive and send faxes whenever and wherever you access your email has proven too irresistible for many fax users to ignore.
It's an offer they couldn't refuse. Can you blame them?
No more paper-jams, no more bulky fax machines, no more messy inks, no more busy signals, no more extra phone lines, no more return trips to the office at 10 o'clock at night to retrieve that important fax.
Internet fax is easy, mobile, convenient, accessible and very compatible with most of today's and tomorrow's computer gizmos and gadgets. From cell phones to BlackBerries to ultraportable notebook computers, email fax services will work with all of these contraptions.
Besides, almost every aspect of doing business in our brick and mortar world has been transferred onto the Internet. Faxing services are no different. However, using an Internet fax service has some distinct advantages over the old fashion fax machine/service; mainly the ability to access your faxes anywhere, anytime. This mobility is a big plus for both mobile professionals and ordinary fax users. Being completely connected in a wired world can give any business or company a competitive edge.
But there are so many Internet fax services to choose from, each with its own features and pricing structures, so just which Internet fax service is right for you?
The answer will mainly depend on your own faxing needs or requirements. How much faxing do you plan to do? What types of faxing services do you need? Will you be only receiving faxes? Will you be only sending faxes? Will you need both functions? Will you need a fax broadcasting service?
Perhaps the first question you have to ask yourself: Do you need Internet fax at all? Some people like to keep their businesses 9 to 5, weekdays only, please don't bother me after working hours or on the weekend. If you want your faxing strictly confined to your office, during office hours on your old fax machine, then Internet fax is probably not for you!
On the other hand, if you want your business or company to be able to receive and send faxes 24/7 - 365 days of the year, then you should check out the different Internet faxing services.
There are many Internet fax services available to the consumer. Some of the better known ones are MyFax, eFax®, Send2Fax and TrustFax. All these email fax services have different plans and features. They also have different rates and fees, so it pays to shop around and check out each before you sign-up to any one fax provider.
Each fax service provider has slightly different ways of sending and receiving faxes. They all use email and the Internet. Some have a free desktop application download that sits on your desktop. Most can be used with Windows Outlook and Windows Office. Most or all have a Web Interface, online website where you can access your Internet fax account to send or check your faxes. Most also provide storage space if you wish to keep your faxes online.
Almost all are completely flexible and scalable to meet all corporate faxing requirements. They can be customized to any size organization or business. Fax broadcasting, where you send a fax to a large numbers of recipients, is offered by most online fax services including the ones mentioned here.
And obviously, all supply you with a local or toll-free fax number.
What Internet fax service is right for you depends mainly on your own personal needs. Are your faxing needs very minimum or do you do a lot of faxing? The answer will usually determine which faxing service you go with. Of course, you must also check out customer support, service reliability and the overall quality of the fax service you are signing up for. But you knew that!
If you just want to ONLY receive faxes, eFax® an Internet fax provider, will provide you with a free account where you can receive up to 20 free faxes a month. But be warned, you will have to upgrade to a paid service if you want to send faxes. The charge is minimal but they can quickly add up, so keep a close check on how many faxes you send each month. You should also be aware that each of these services charges higher rates to send international faxes; domestic faxes are cheaper.
Another fax service you should check out if your faxing needs are light, TrustFax has a Power User plan for $19.95 per YEAR with 70 Free Fax Pages (Incoming AND Outgoing) and 15 MB online storage for your faxes.
If your faxing needs are a little heavier you could try MyFax; it has great customer support and is only $10 a month, which includes 100 sent and 200 received faxes. No setup fees, no hidden charges, and it also informs you how much each of your faxes cost.
Which one should you choose?
It's always a good idea to try before you buy. Many of these Internet fax services have free one-month trials. Some services such as MyFax and TrustFax have online demos which you can use to see what your faxes will look like. You can test drive their faxing systems before you buy.
If you check online, MyFax has garnered top customer or user ratings in such sites as Microsoft Office Marketplace, PC Magazine and on Fax forums. It provides good quality service for a very reasonable price. Not to be outdone, eFax® is extremely popular with over 11,000,000 users and that must count for something. TrustFax and Send2Fax also come highly rated.
But make up your own mind!
There are many more Internet faxing services on the web. You will have plenty of other services to choose from. Just make sure you have an Internet fax service that meets all your faxing needs and you won't be disappointed. Whether you're running a small home office or a large multinational company, there's probably an online faxing service that will meet your needs.
For more information on Internet Fax Services try this handy online Guide:Internet Fax Service Guide Titus Hoskins Copyright © 2006. To compare the different Fax Service Providers visit Internet Fax Providers
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorTitus Hoskins
Marketing Tools and Software
Titus Hoskins's web site
- Five Solid Reasons To Use An Internet Fax Service
- Using Internet Fax Comparison Charts To Find The Best Fax Service
- Which Internet Fax Service Is Right For You?
- Corporate Business Gifts That Say WOW!
- How Virtual PBX Makes Home Business Startups More Professional
- Online Fax vs Virtual PBX - Which One Should I Use?
- Can The Traditional Fax Machine Survive Online Faxing?
- Ivy Bridge Laptops Have Arrived - Is It Time To Upgrade My Gaming Laptop?
- List Building - Social Networks Are It!
- Gaming Laptops - Can The Razer Blade Re-Define Portable Gaming?
- Online Fax Services Comparison - Why You Should Always Compare Before Buying
- How Exactly Is Online Fax Cheaper Than Conventional Faxing?
- How Smart Shoppers Find The Best Online Laptop Deals?
- Alienware Gaming Laptops Coupons Page Updated For Black Friday By Bizwaremagic.
- Are There Any Pay-As-You-Go Online Fax Services?
- Will Google+ Become The Ultimate Web Marketing Tool?
- Online Fax - Why Web Faxing is Perfect for Small Business Owners
- Canadian Online Fax Providers - Do I Need A Local Canadian Fax Number?
- Best Gaming Laptops Of 2011
- Online Fax Providers - Are Fax Reviews Really Helpful?
- What's The Difference Between Online Fax and Virtual PBX?
- Online Fax Services - 12 Quick Things To Check Before Buying - New SlideShow
- Online Fax - Most Important Feature To Check Before You Buy?
- How Do Fax By Email Services Work?
- Gaming Laptops - These 3 New Features Will Increase Your Enjoyment
- Has Article Marketing Gone The Way Of The DoDo Bird?
- Online Fax - How It Can Automate Your Home Business or Office
- Are There Any Cheap Gaming Laptops?
- Cheap Internet Fax Services - Should You Use Them?
- List Building - Are Lists In The Billions Possible?
- Online Fax - How It Can Mobilize Any Workforce or Company
- Online Fax Service - Why Quality Service Is Your Number One Factor?
- Internet Fax Services - How Green Is Online Fax?
- How To Choose The Right Student Laptop For You?
- 5 Simple Ways To Automate Your Online Business Or Marketing
- How To Choose An Online Fax Service?
- Corporate Business Gifts - New Website Launched To Help Companies
- How To Use Dell Laptop Coupons To Get The Best Price
- Corporate Business Gifts - The Benefits Of Using Customer Appreciation Gifts
- Online Fax Services - What Are The Start-Up Costs?
This article has been viewed 43617 time(s).
Upcoming IgnitePoint EventsIgnite your light, life and faith at an upcoming live IgnitePoint city event. Also find out how you can become a speaker at one of these events!
IgnitePoint - Atlanta
IgnitePoint - Salt Lake City
Imagine a TEDxR-style event where you can mention God, Jesus Christ and tell your faith-promoting stories! Learn more here.
Gina-Dianne Harding is a Higher Consciousness Activator, an adventurer who loves to explore the limitless realms of consciousness, energy and beyond! She facilitates the transition from limiting and fear based living to a more conscious and abundant life experience.
An ordained spiritual peacemaker, with a Master of Divinity, she specializes in working with “Sensitives” or “Empaths,” exquisitely sensitive and highly energetically aware people who are already attuned to the possibility of a more conscious limitless life. Meet Gina-Dianne...
You can be featured on our site! Ask How!
Books by this Author
Your Complete Internet Fax Guide
There's A New Way To Fax - Can You Afford Not To Use It?