Class Reunion Quotes - Top 7 Tips For Choosing Great Sayings When Planning Your Reunion Party
If you're planning a class reunion, sooner or later, you will be looking for wording to add to your save the date cards, website, emails and even favors. A great quote may work to inspire your classmates to attend your reunion party. Here are seven ideas for selecting just the right quotes for your big event.
1. Don't get discouraged if your favorite search engine doesn't offer many choices if you type in the words: class reunion quotes. In fact, you may not find any quotations that actually contain that phrase. You might come across this one by Tryon Edwards: Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. But that's a bit heavy for a party.
2. Look for memories. In order to find appropriate class reunion quotes, you have to ask yourself what feelings you are seeking to stir in your former classmates. Encourage them to rekindle memories of the good old school days. Here's some examples:
* Time endears but cannot fade the memories that friends have made.
* To reminisce with my old friends, a chance to share some memories, and play our songs again. - Ricky Nelson
* Fond memory brings the light of other days around me. - Thomas More
* When you remember me, it means that you have carried something of who I am with you, that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are. It means that you can summon me back to your mind even though countless years and miles may stand between us. It means that if we meet again, you will know me. - Frederick Buechner
* Recall it as often as you wish, a happy memory never wears out. - Libbie Fudim
3. Remind them of old friendships. One of the biggest reasons for attending a class reunion is to reconnect with past high school buddies. Search for quotes on friends, concentrating particularly on the sayings that emphasize those old, tried and true friendships. Here's some ideas:
* No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. - Robert Southey
* Nothing is as comfortable as an old friend.
* I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul rememb'ring my good friends. - William Shakespeare
* Never forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. - Ludwig Van Beethoven
* We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere.
4. Talk about nostalgia. You can help your classmates reminisce by locating facts of events, prices, songs, sports and movies from your high school years. Or you can find quotes with the subject of nostalgia, for example:
* The essence of nostalgia is an awareness that what has been will never be again. - Milton S. Eisenhower
* A trip to nostalgia now and then is good for the spirit. - Dan Bartolovic
5. Try a little humor. A well-chosen funny quip can sometimes be more effective than a philosophical quotation. Here are a couple of humorous ones that may work for you:
* Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you. - Bennett Cerf
* True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. - Kurt Vonnegut
6. Listen to those old songs. Music can stir up all kinds of memories. So, you might borrow a line or two from a popular song from the year you graduated. If none of them seems quite appropriate, then you could look up the lyrics to songs about missing you, friendship, or remembering the good old days. Some possibilities would be Memories by Barbara Streisand, Reminiscing by the Little River Band and Please Remember by Leann Rimes.
7. Use your own words. You don't have to quote a famous person to come up with a great saying for your class reunion. Flip through your old yearbook and see if any of your former students or teachers have an interesting remark listed. Brainstorm with your committee and see if you can come up with some wording ideas. Ask your classmates who register online to leave a comment. One of those might be just right for the event. Finally, you can always use your school motto, if you have one.
At first, finding a great class reunion quote might appear to be a difficult task. But it's easy to assemble a nice selection, if you use these tips. Search for sayings with the right keywords, consider song lyrics or write your own catch phrase, and you'll soon find you have a lot of choices.
Please scroll down to leave a comment below...
Contact the AuthorLinda Kling
Linda Kling's web site
This article has been viewed 15003 time(s).
Be featured on our site and connect with other Christ-centered entrepreneurs.
Click here for details.